8 Autumn Health Habits for Fall Wellness
Welcome to shorter days, crisp air, and changing leaves. A new season is the perfect time for a fresh start to your wellness routine. Seasonal produce, cozy sweaters, and maybe a warm cup of your favorite tea come to mind. Cooler temperatures make for a perfect fall walk, to support the mind and body. fall wellness
Fall recipes are a great way to enjoy fresh produce, helping boost immunity and support overall wellness. Here are some Fall wellness tips to help support your wellness through this changing season. Who couldn’t use a health reset? fall wellness
Fall Wellness Tips:
- Pumpkin Everything – Ok, well maybe not everything. BUT, did you know the pulp of pumpkin is full of tasty nutrient dense seeds – otherwise known as pepitas?! They are perfect for adding to fall recipes or roasted all by them self.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – Water is key to a strong immune system to flush out toxins and keep things moving. Hydration is especially important if you come down with a cold.
- Indulge Sparingly – With seasonal treats being available just about everywhere, it’s hard to avoid everything. Enjoy and indulge sparingly, choosing your favorites in moderation.
- Buy Seasonal Veggies – In season veggies like broccoli, brussel sprouts, and squash can be made a variety of ways. Roasting veggies are simple and delicious. Not to mention, the benefits of a plant-based diet include prevention of diabetes, control of hypertension, and heart health, just to name a few.
- Practice Year-Long Giving – This season many are thinking of giving to friends and family, but good deeds can be interwoven in large and small ways throughout the year. Help someone in need, offer words of encouragement, or give away some things you no longer need or use. And if you live in a busy city like Pittsburgh, maybe try letting someone in your lane on your morning rush to work. Simple acts of kindness can make a big impact, and brighten up your mood too!
- Embrace Fall Fresh Foods – Apples, pears, and pumpkins often come to mind in fall. Foods like persimmons may get overlooked, yet they’re packed with B complex vitamins, and vitamins A and C. They are rich in phytonutrients, and potassium, magnesium , copper , and phosphorus. Try something new this season and google a persimmon recipe!
- Set New Fitness Goals with a Fall Reset – Fall walks are the perfect, simple way to add in a little exercise with the crisp fall air and lovely scenery of changing leaves. Wipe the slate clean and start a new set of goals with the changing season.
- Incorporate Essential Oils for an Immune Boost – Therapeutic grade essential oils like cinnamon, lemon, clove, and eucalyptus are perfect to boost the immune system, and it makes for the perfect fall scent. Add 8-10 drops in a diffuser and your home will be smelling fresh, while helping rid the air of germs!
If you’re looking to reset your wellness routine, or just need some motivation, contact us today at Makin Wellness for a free 15-minute consultation! We’re happy to support you through a holistic approach incorporating techniques to promote a new mindset, meal planning, aromatherapy, and other natural and effective options to help you reset and reach your wellness goals! fall wellness
About Makin Wellness
Founded in 2017 , Makin Wellness is Pittsburgh’s premier therapy & coaching centers located in Downtown Pittsburgh and Downtown New Kensington. The company’s mission is to help people heal and become happy again. Makin Wellness specializes in depression, anxiety, addiction, trauma, medical marijuana assisted treatment and relationship counseling.