Intentional Living ~ Fresh Ideas in 2019
The term “New Year, New You” is heard quite often at the start of a new year. We may get geared up with the intent of making changes to be our best selves, yet find ourselves falling short. Of course no one is perfect, but what can we do to be more intentional? Intentional living. Intentional eating…..what does it actually mean to be intentional? intentional living
“Intentional living is the art of making our own choices before others’ choices make us.” – Richie Norton
Living with intention begins with first deciding on what you want. Next, it is necessary to make changes in behavior. And lastly, take action to support your intentions. Soon, you will be creating new habits that become second nature.
Instead of making big changes, start out with setting intentions for each month, week, and day. Write out what it is that you want, listing your priorities, values, and goals. Include short-term and long-term goals, along with weekly and daily. This helps us be more realistic, allowing for steady progress. Consider further ways to be more intentional.
Tips for Being Intentional: intentional living
- Wake Up Early – “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” Whether it’s with a cup of coffee or during morning exercise, take time out at the start of your day to reflect and set daily intentions – write out what it is you want to do for the day.
- Be Mindful – Staying present and in the moment helps us to make better choices, so that we’re living less out of habit and more out of intention.
- Think Positively – Remember, our thoughts often create our reality. A positive mindset will help you handle situations more effectively, likely giving a better outcome.
- Respond vs. React – Responding, instead of reacting, enables you to resolve things with a clear, calm mind, helping to reduce overreaction.
- Take a 20-minute break – Go for a walk outside or somewhere quiet, away from electronics, where you can reset and refocus your intentions. This gives more of an opportunity to be mindful, to avoid acting on autopilot
- Breathe – Deep breathing helps release tension, allowing thoughts to flow more freely, and helping the body to be in a less reactive state.
Daily noise from the television, internet, and radio can be overwhelming to the mind. Give yourself time to unplug. Write out your intentions, helping to reflect on where you are and where you want to be.
Here at Makin Wellness we are happy to help you in being more intentional so you can be your best self! Through holistic therapies, we can aid in lifestyle and diet changes, giving you tools to guide you toward a more positive mindset so you can have a more positive life! Contact us today for your free consultation! intentional living
About Makin Wellness
Founded in 2017 , Makin Wellness is Pittsburgh’s premier therapy & coaching centers located in Downtown Pittsburgh and Downtown New Kensington. The company’s mission is to help people heal and become happy again. Makin Wellness specializes in depression, anxiety, addiction, trauma, medical marijuana assited treatment and relationship counseling.