Spring Cleaning: Cleanse & Nourish the Mind & Body
“A healthy outside starts from the inside” – Robert Urich
April showers will soon bring May flowers. The feeling of fresh air renews our spirits, the sun energizes us, giving us a sense of connection to nature and the world around us. The rain renews and cleanses the earth. And although we may not enjoy cloudy days and muddy puddles as much, it reminds of the interdependence and purpose of seasonal change, giving time for resting and growth.
Like the changing seasons, we too need time to rest and reflect, allowing for personal growth. A cleanse or detox can be a literal one, renewing and energizing the mind and body as we enter a season filled with new energy and growth.
Warmer spring temperatures may result in impurities in the body liquefying, clogging microcirculatory channels, leaving you feeling sluggish and tired. To allow nutrients to flow in and out of the cells, toxins must be removed. Toxins can be eliminated through the skin, urine, and bowel. A spring detox may be just what you need to feel energized and refreshed, by eliminating the build up of toxins.
Detoxification can be supported in various ways. A smoothie detox is one way to help cleanse the body, providing nourishment to the mind and body. Consider the following ways to cleanse the mind and body:
- Incorporate plenty of fresh alkaline greens like asparagus, artichokes, and sprouts.
- Organic produce is best to reduce intake of pesticides.
- Toxic free cosmetics with organic ingredients are important to keep the skin clear, limiting toxins, and promoting elimination of toxins through the skin.
- Dry brushing the skin removes dead skin cells, encouraging detoxification and lymphatic drainage.
- Probiotics or fermented foods support strong digestion, healthy weight, and balanced mood.
Makin Wellness offers holistic treatment options, addressing health and wellness concerns, questions and goals. Contact us to speak with a Professional Counselor or Holistic Nutritionist and begin your wellness journey today!
About Makin Wellness
Founded in 2017 , Makin Wellness is Pittsburgh’s premier therapy & coaching centers located in Downtown Pittsburgh and Downtown New Kensington. The company’s mission is to help people heal and become happy again. Makin Wellness specializes in depression, anxiety, addiction, trauma, medical marijuana assited treatment and relationship counseling.